What Should Bettors Know for Alabama vs. Florida State?
In the biggest matchup of Week 1, we’ve seen pubic and sharp action on all sides of the game. Originally the public was heavy on Florida State while the line moved toward Alabama. Since the line jumped up to Alabama -7 (and some -7.5’s around the market), oddly enough the public action started coming in on Alabama.
This game is attracting the most betting tickets by far, over 12,000 bets by Saturday morning even though the game doesn’t start until 8 pm ET. Right now, Alabama is getting 63% of betting tickets and 66% of money wagered from our contributing offshore sportsbooks.
At William Hill, Alabama/FSU is attracting nearly 30% of all money wagered across College Football on Saturday:
Here are some other big things to know leading up to the game:
- Alabama has been receiving the most money wagered to win the NCAAF Title around the market, both Vegas and offshore.
- Alabama is expected to be a juggernaut this season, with tons of prop bets available including an undefeated National Championship season.
- Via Bet Labs, in matchups of AP Top-5 matchups, the team getting less than 50% of spread bets has gone 19-7 ATS.
- The higher ranked team has the ATS edge historically in neutral site Top-25 matchups.
- Since 2005, the #1 team in the AP Poll has gone 10-2 ATS in Week 1.