The Alabama Crimson Tide have been the most consistent college football team since Nick Saban took over ten years ago, going 114-19 and winning 4 National Titles. They’ve also reached the College Football Playoff in all 3 years of its existence and are big -185 favorites to make it a fourth straight time. Alabama has become so good that sportsbooks are now posting a ton of props and futures for the upcoming season.
Below are Props and Futures available at 5Dimes for Alabama:
- Undefeated in SEC regular season and SEC title game: +235
- Undefeated in all regular season and SEC title game: +325
- 15-0 National Champions: +525
- 15-0 National Champions, all wins by 10+ points: +3500
- 14-1 National Champions: +700
- 13-1 National Champions: +1100
- Reach National Championship Game: +120
- Win National Championship Game: +270
- Lose any game by 10+ points: +325
- Win at least 9 games by 14+ points: -120
- National Champions in 2017-18 and 2018-19: +775
- Undefeated in all of 2017-18 and 2018-19: +2000
There are also a few prop bets on the number of points Alabama is expected to outscore their opponents by. In the regular season, Alabama is -299.5 vs their opponents. This means that after adding up the combined scores of all Alabama regular season games, the Crimson Tide are expected to have 299.5 more than their opponents.
It’s even higher if you include all games in the entire season (SEC title game, CFB Playoff): Alabama is favored by 329.5 points against their opponents. This is essentially saying that Alabama is expected to outscore their opponents by 30 points over the span of an SEC title game and two playoff games. This makes some sense since sportsbooks have to anticipate Alabama being big favorites in the SEC title game– last year Bama was favored by 21 against Florida and it wasn’t that close (Bama won 54-16). The Crimson Tide were also big favorites against both Washington (-15) and Clemson (-7) in the playoff. They covered against Washington but fell 35-31 to Clemson to ruin their perfect season.
Expectations are once again sky high for Alabama this year with a regular season win total of 10.5 (o-160). Alabama opens with a tough game against Florida State on a neutral venue, but the Crimson Tide are -7.5 point favorites. Can anyone actually stop and/or defeat this juggernaut? Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments in the space below.
Latest posts by Dan McGuire (see all)
- How Can Bettors Take Advantage of Awful College Football Teams? - July 21, 2017
- 2017 Gold Cup Semifinal Preview - July 21, 2017
- 2017 British Open Odds and Preview - July 19, 2017