2017 College Football Week 7 Opening Line Report
As we head into Week 7 of the college football season, we’ve compared the current and opening lines to the lookahead odds from the summer:
|G Nugget Open
|Utah at USC||USC -13||USC -12.5||USC -20|
|Oregon at Stanford||Stan -11||Stan -10.5||Stan -11|
|Arkansas at Alabama||Bama -31||Bama -30.5||Bama -28|
|Texas A&M at Florida||Florida -3||Florida -4||Florida -4|
|Auburn at LSU||Auburn -6.5||Auburn -6||LSU -7|
|Baylor at Oklahoma St||Okla St -25.5||Okla St -23||Okla St -7|
|Oklahoma vs. Texas (at Dallas)||Okla -7.5||Okla -8||Okla -9.5|
|TCU at Kansas St||Off Board||Off Board||Pick 'Em|
|Ohio State at Nebraska||Ohio St -24||Ohio St -21.5||Ohio St -15.5|
|Boise St at San Diego St||SDSU -7||SDSU -7||SDSU -3.5|
|Michigan at Indiana||Mich -5||Mich -6||N/A|
|Texas Tech at WVU||WVU -3||WVU -6||N/A|
Some betting nuggets heading into Week 7:
- LSU was -7 against Auburn on the lookahead line over the summer. Now they’re listed +6.5. No other game on the slate is getting even half of the early ticket action as this one, and 85% of early bets are on Auburn.
- WVU opened -6 on Sunday night and have quickly dropped to -3 against TTU. There’s definitely been some sharp money on the Red Raiders since tickets are split early on.
- Air Force has failed to cover the week after playing Navy in 7 straight seasons. They’ve already dropped from -10.5 to -7.5 vs. UNLV on Saturday.
- BYU is 0-6 ATS this season and has moved from +21 to +22.5 at Mississippi State this weekend. Will they public keep pounding the Bulldogs to get this line to 24?
- More than 80% of very early money is on Kansas to cover +20.5 at Iowa State. The Jayhawks have lost 42 straight road games, last win was in 2009 at UTEP (34-7).
- The line for Baylor/Oklahoma St has changed significantly from the summer, which has been the case for all Baylor games this season.
- The summer lines for TAMU/FLA, Utah/Stanford, Bama/Arkansas, and Oklahoma/Texas were nearly spot on with the openers on Sunday night.
- Texas A&M has failed to cover 12 straight games after a straight up loss, all under Kevin Sumlin, and the Aggies lost last week to Alabama. They’ve moved from +4 to +3 at Florida around the market and are even down to +2.5 at some sportsbooks.
There are a ton of major injuries to watch for this weekend– check out all players status’ here.
Alabama is the +125 favorite to win the National Championship with the field listed at -145.
Saquon Barkley and Baker Mayfield remain the favorites to win the Heisman Trophy.