NFL Week 12 Betting Recap
– In Week 12 underdogs went 9-5 and are now 87-84 ATS this year. Home teams went 8-6 and are now 86-82 ATS on the year. It was also a nice week for contrarian betting as teams receiving less than 50% of spread bets went 9-5 ATS this week.
– The Oakland Raiders got their first win of the year on Thursday night, beating the Kansas City Chiefs 24-17. Oakland was listed at +300 to go winless at BetOnline prior to the game, and was +290 to beat KC.
– Sunday’s most bet NFL games:
– Most popular parlays/teasers:
- Packers (91%)
- 49ers (90%)
- Patriots (85%)
- Cowboys (85%)
– Despite having this weekend’s highest over/under and putting up 50+ points in each of their last two games, Green Bay is listed behind Indianapolis, Philadelphia, and Denver for Sunday’s top scoring team. The Eagles (+400) topped all teams with 43 points scored against Tennessee.
— Bet Labs Software (@Bet_Labs) November 24, 2014
– In his first game back from suspension, BetOnline set the over/under for Josh Gordon receiving yards at 74.5 yards and the star receiver went off for 8 receptions and 120 yards. He was also listed at +100 to score a touchdown, but did not reach the end zone.
Thanksgiving Day odds (CRIS): Lions -6.5 vs Bears | OU 47.5 Cowboys -3 vs Eagles | OU 54 49ers -2 vs Seahawks | OU 40 — SportsInsights.com (@SportsInsights) November 24, 2014
NFL Futures (5Dimes) Patriots +425 Packers +490 Broncos +530 Seahawks +1150 Cardinals +1350 Eagles & 49ers +1800 Cowboys +2000 Colts +2150 — SportsInsights.com (@SportsInsights) November 25, 2014
– With Ryan Mallett (Pectoral) out for the season, Ryan Fitzpatrick will start at quarterback for the Texans on Sunday. Fitzpatrick is 5-4 ATS this season and 40-44 ATS all-time.
– There are currently four games off the board across the sports betting marketplace — all of which involve teams who played on Monday night: Cleveland at Buffalo, San Diego at Baltimore, New Orleans at Pittsburgh and Miami at New York Jets.
– NFL Week 13 current lines at Pinnacle versus preseason lines:
- Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions (-7 | -3)
- Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys (-3 | -1.5)
- Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers (pick ’em | -2.5)
- Oakland Raiders at St. Louis Rams (-7| -5.5)
- Cincinnati Bengals (-3.5 | pick ‘em) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- San Diego Chargers at Baltimore Ravens (NA | -3)
- Cleveland Browns at Buffalo Bills (NA | -2.5)
- Tennessee Titans at Houston Texans (-6 | -5)
- Washington Redskins at Indianapolis Colts (-10 | -6)
- New York Giants (-2.5 | -5.5) at Jacksonville Jaguars
- Carolina Panthers (-3 | -3) at Minnesota Vikings
- New Orleans Saints at Pittsburgh Steelers (NA | -2.5)
- Arizona Cardinals at Atlanta Falcons (+2.5 | -4)
- New England Patriots at Green Bay Packers (-3 | -3.5)
- Denver Broncos (-1 | -3) at Kansas City Chiefs
- Miami Dolphins at New York Jets (NA | -1)
– Earlier this season we published an article about why former playoff teams were often undervalued following a loss. This system has gone 2-0 ATS this season and 63-31 ATS (+28.76 units) overall. Assuming the Chiefs continue receiving less than 30% of spread bets, they would be the third system match of the season.
– Most likely Super Bowl matchups via 5Dimes:
- NE vs. GB +715
- DEN vs. GB +744
- NE vs. SEA +1755
- DEN vs. SEA +1815
- NE vs. ARI +2055
- DEN vs. ARI +2130
- NE vs. SF +2440
- DEN vs. SF +2525
- NE vs. PHI +2750
- DEN vs. PHI +2850
– The first Super Bowl matchup future not featuring either the Patriots or the Broncos is IND/GB at +3275.
– Since last week the MVP odds remain essentially unchanged with two small exceptions: Texans DE JJ Watt moved from +2500 to 2000 and Packers WR Jordy Nelson made his debut at 50/1.
- Aaron Rodgers -110
- Peyton Manning +300
- DeMarco Murray +1000
- Andrew Luck +1200
- Tom Brady +1200
- JJ Watt +2000
- Jamaal Charles +2500
- Ben Roethlisberger +5000
- Jordy Nelson +5000
- Marshawn Lynch +5000
- Rob Gronkowski +5000
– You can view the latest odds and public betting trends on our free NFL odds page, but here are some key Week 13 injuries to monitor:
- Texans RB Arian Foster, Groin, Questionable
- Broncos RB Montee Ball, Groin, Out
- Vikings WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Knee, Questionable
- Broncos CB Aqib Talib, Hamstring, Questionable
- Broncos TE Julius Thomas, Ankle, Questionable
- Cardinals WR Larry Fitzgerald, Knee, Questionable
- Lions RB Reggie Bush, Ankle, Questionable
- Chiefs S Eric Berry, Illness, Out For Year
– For the latest news and injury updates, make sure to visit our free NFL injury page.
– NFL Divisional Odds via Sportsbook.com
- NFC East: Eagles -160, Cowboys +130
- NFC North: Packers -1000, Lions +400, Bears +15000
- NFC South: Saints -250, Falcons +280, Panthers +700, Buccaneers +15000
- NFC West: Cardinals -150, Seahawks +300, 49ers +350
- AFC North: Bengals +175, Ravens +200, Steelers +250, Browns +800
- AFC West: Broncos -700, Chiefs +600, Chargers +900
– Early Super Bowl XLIX Line: NFC -1 | O/U 53.5
– Have any questions for the staff at Sports Insights? Utilize our live chat to speak with a customer service representative or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us live Sundays at noon ET
We’re now holding our members-only live Sports Betting Hangouts Sunday mornings to prepare you for a full day of NFL games. Members, simply log into your account Sunday morning to access the hangout.
Not a member? Start a trial today to join our Sports Betting Hangouts held six days a week, plus all the other Sportsbook Insider Pro benefits.