NFL Sunday & other Sports Marketplace Notes
In NBA, NCAA Basketball, NFL, NHL
Today’s NFL games have some sports fans talking. Here are some “takes” from SportsInsights’ analysts on today’s sports marketplace in various sports:
- NFL fans are talking about the big Indianapolis-New England game today. The betting percentages are close to 50/50 — but the line movement suggests that some syndicates or “big money” is on the Patriots’ side. The line moved from its opener of NE -3 to NE -4.
- Carolina is the ugliest NFL play of the day, with just 17% of the bets taking the Panthers. This has caused a gigantic move in the line, from Carolina +8 to +13.5 currently.
- In NCAA Basketball action, there are a lot of games today, with several games showing some good lopsided-betting interest. Check out SportsInsights’ Square Plays for a look at the largest contrarian values.
- The NBA has just a few games, but several games are exhibiting lopsided-betting activity that our research has shown presents value. In particular, Sacramento is currently receiving just 12% of the bets!
- As we mentioned yesterday, the NHL has been cold recently, but we look for the NHL to bounce back soon. So keep your eyes peeled for some good NHL selections.