Today’s NFL games have some sports fans talking. Here are some “takes” from SportsInsights’ analysts on today’s sports marketplace in various sports:
- NFL fans are talking about the big Indianapolis-New England game today. The betting percentages are close to 50/50 — but the line movement suggests that some syndicates or “big money” is on the Patriots’ side. The line moved from its opener of NE -3 to NE -4.
- Carolina is the ugliest NFL play of the day, with just 17% of the bets taking the Panthers. This has caused a gigantic move in the line, from Carolina +8 to +13.5 currently.
- In NCAA Basketball action, there are a lot of games today, with several games showing some good lopsided-betting interest. Check out SportsInsights’ Square Plays for a look at the largest contrarian values.
- The NBA has just a few games, but several games are exhibiting lopsided-betting activity that our research has shown presents value. In particular, Sacramento is currently receiving just 12% of the bets!
- As we mentioned yesterday, the NHL has been cold recently, but we look for the NHL to bounce back soon. So keep your eyes peeled for some good NHL selections.