– There are a handful of games on tap this afternoon, so make sure to read our article detailing how to make money betting MLB day games.
– There are a number of key injuries for today’s games including:
Rangers OF Shin-Soo Choo, Ankle, Doubtful
Orioles C Matt Wieters, Forearm, Probable
– Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright left yesterday’s start against the Mets with a knee injury but he is expected to make his next scheduled start.
– Justin Upton (Rest) is not in the starting lineup for the Braves today. Mark Trumbo (Foot) is not in the starting lineup for the Diamondbacks.
– Phillies LHP Cole Hamels has been activated from the disabled list and will make his first start of the season this evening against RHP Zack Greinke and the Dodgers. Philadelphia is currently receiving 32% of ML bets as a +140 underdog.
– On Saturday we tweeted out the following from our Bet Labs twitter handle:
In the first round of the NBA playoffs, the under has gone 115-80 (+29.01 units, 14.9% ROI) when the total is at least 190.
— Bet Labs Software (@Bet_Labs) April 19, 2014
Since Saturday there have been no additional system results, however, the total in today’s game between the Charlotte Bobcats and Miami Heat is currently just 186. Make sure to check out the latest lines and public betting percentages by viewing our NBA Betting Trends.
– Earlier today we posted an article that explained why home favorites are undervalued during low-scoring playoff games.
– The St. Louis Blues are currently receiving just 32% of moneyline bets in tonight’s matchup against the Chicago Blackhawks. The screenshot below shows a more detailed breakdown of public betting percentages from our seven contributing sportsbooks.
– As we wrote in a recent article, road underdogs receiving less than 35% of moneyline wagers have gone 76-104 (+24.35 units, 13.5% ROI) since 2005. This indicates that there may be contrarian value on the Blues tonight.
Latest posts by David Solar (see all)
- Sports Insights Podcast: Episode 28 (February 24, 2017) - February 24, 2017
- NBA Game of the Week: San Antonio Spurs at Los Angeles Clippers - February 24, 2017
- 2016-17 NBA Betting Against the Public: Midseason Report - February 22, 2017