Donald Trump Joint Address Props
Tonight at 9 PM ET, President Donald Trump will address a joint session of congress for the very first time.
In his “biggest speech yet,” Trump is expected to highlight his accomplishments thus far as president and outline his vision for America over the next four years. According to White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, the theme of the speech will be “the renewal of the American spirit.” Some topics likely to be discussed: health care, education, jobs, the economy, immigration, military spending and foreign policy.
Right on cue, oddsmakers have released a plethora of prop bets for Trump’s prime-time “State of the Union” speech.
The following props come from BetOnline
- Will Trump say “Affordable Care Act”? Yes +200, No -260
- Will Trump say “American People”? Yes -800, No +500
- Will Trump say “Barack Obama”? Yes -150, No +120
- Will Trump say “Believe Me”? Yes -220, No +175
- Will Trump say “Bernie Sanders”? Yes +450, No -700
- Will Trump say “Big League”? Yes +260, No -350
- Will Trump say “Dishonest Media”? Yes +350, No -500
- Will Trump say “Donald J. Trump”? Yes +240, No -300
- Will Trump say “Fake News”? Yes +500, No -800
- Will Trump say “George W. Bush?” Yes +800, No -1500
- Will Trump say “Hillary Clinton”? Yes +350, No -500
- Will Trump say “Illegal Leaks”? Yes +350, No -500
- Will Trump say “Make America Great Again”? Yes -220, No +175
- Will Trump say “Obamacare”? Yes -600, No +400
- Will Trump say “Veterans’ Health Care”? Yes +175, No -220
No -1500 pic.twitter.com/T5m0NxMIrm
— Sports Insights (@SportsInsights) February 28, 2017
Paddy Power, a prominent Irish bookmaker, is also hanging several “interesting” Trump prop bets.
- Will Steve Bannon succeed Trump as POTUS during the next 4 years? Yes +2000
- Will Trump withdraw US from the UN? Yes +700
- Will Trump back Taiwanese independence? Yes +350
- Will Trump visit North Korea during his 1st term? Yes +5000
- Will Trump broker peace in the Mid East? Yes +5000
- Will the Border Wall begin being built in 2017? Yes +100
- Will Mexico pay for the Border Wall? Yes +2500
- Will Trump and Putin receive a joint Nobel Peace Prize? Yes +5000
- First family member to condemn a decision Trump Makes? Tiffany +600, Ivanka +700, Eric/Donald Jr +900, Barron +1600
- Will France ask for the Statue of Liberty back? Yes +5000
- Will Trump meet with a KKK leader during his first term? Yes +3300
- Will Trump legalize waterboarding? Yes +700
- Will Trump re-open Alcatraz as a working prison? Yes +1400
Trump’s supporters are ecstatic with his performance thus far (his approval rating among Republicans is a staggering 85%). However, the country remains bitterly divided. Overall, Trump’s approval rating stands at 44%, a “record low for a newly inaugurated commander-in-chief.”
Trump has gotten in hot water by relentlessly attacking the media and trying to pass a controversial immigration ban. He has also been plagued by leaks coming from within his administration. Worst of all, he remains dogged by allegations that his campaign colluded with Russia to help him win the presidency. As a result, many sportsbooks are posting odds for Trump to be impeached.
Some books have already begun posting 2020 odds. At BetOnline, Trump is that favorite at +180, followed by Vice President Mike Pence (+600). The leading Democratic contender is Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren (+650).
Early 2020 Odds (BetOnline)
Michelle Obama +1000
HRC, Booker, Biden, Cuomo +2500
Bernie, Ryan +2800 pic.twitter.com/E90UTo9mD5
— Josh Appelbaum (@Josh_Insights) February 28, 2017
What do you think?
Will you be watching Trump’s prime-time speech tonight? Do you see any prop-bets worth betting? Please leave your thoughts in the comments section below.