College Football Week 6 Betting Recap
College Football Week 6 Betting Recap:
– This was a memorable week in the college football season and it all started on Thursday night with Arizona’s shocking upset over 21-point favorite Oregon. Arizona was as high as +1,375 on the moneyline at 5Dimes to beat the Ducks on their home turf and they came out with a 31-24 victory. The loss immediately dropped Oregon’s title odds from 9:1 to 22:1 and improved Arizona’s title odds from 225:1 to 125:1. By Monday morning, Arizona was as low as 50:1 at Sportsbook.com.
– Friday night then brought on another huge road upset win, this time Utah St beating 21-point favorite BYU. Heisman hopeful QB Taysom Hill suffered a broken leg for BYU during the game and they were never able to recover. These two upsets set the stage for a tremendous Saturday of football.
– Saturday was a great day for sportsbooks with a number of upsets and late covers (Ole Miss, Notre Dame, Nebraska).
Most Popular Parlays/Teasers:
NIU 97% (did not cover)
BGSU 94% (did not cover)
GA Southern 93% (did not cover)
MTSU 92% (did not cover)
Baylor 91% (covered)
Via Todd Fuhrman (@ToddFuhrman), Pros were on:
Memphis (covered and won outright)
TCU (covered and won outright)
Florida (covered and won outright)
Ole Miss (covered and won outright)
Colorado (did not cover)
Joes were on:
ECU (did not cover)
Oklahoma (did not cover, lost outright)
Alabama (did not cover, lost outright)
Bad Beat/Stupid Coaching Decision:
Texas A&M -1.5 2H. The 2H odds were Texas A&M -1.5 and with the 2H score of Miss St 20-14, bettors on A&M needed a TD and 2-point conversion to cover. Texas A&M rallied late in the game despite being down big and scored a TD to make the game 48-30 with less than 2 minutes left. Instead of going for 2 to get the game to 16 points (only 2 possessions), A&M Coach Kevin Sumlin decided to kick the XP to make it a 17-point game and breaking the hearts of A&M 2H bettors.
Ranked teams to lose in Week 6 with their closing spreads:
Via our Bet Labs software:
– Last year there were 11 teams that failed to win more than 3 games ATS (combining to go 30-100 ATS). Those same teams are now 31-27 ATS this year.
– Air Force defeated Navy 30-21, leaving the game Under the Total of 56. Unders are now 20-7 between service academies (Army, Navy, Air Force) since 2005.
– There are still two teams that haven’t covered a game yet (UCONN, UNC). Both are 0-5 ATS.
– Miami Ohio snapped their 21-game losing streak with a 27-point comeback to beat UMASS. Now UMASS holds the nation’s longest losing streak (12) with Idaho.
UGA RB Todd Gurley +175 from +350
MS-ST QB Dak Prescott +180 from +1500
AUB QB Nick Marshall +400 from +1500
UGA +800 from +1200
MI-ST +800 from +1400
ND +1000 from +2800
MISS +1500 from +2800
MS-ST +2200 from +3500
Key Week 7 odds (via CRIS):
Baylor -10.5 vs. TCU
Texas A&M -3 vs. Ole Miss
LSU -2 at Florida
Oregon -3 at UCLA
USC -2.5 at Arizona
Check out all of the latest Week 7 College Football betting lines, public betting trends, breaking injuries and more at our new free NCAAF live odds page.
Our College Football Best Bets have started the season 33-24 ATS (+5.8 units) performance and you can get them all through the entire season along with all other sports with our discounted packages.