MLB – Yesterday was one of the more exciting trade deadline days in recent memory where a number of key players were on the move (odds via Sportsbook.com):
– Tigers traded OF Austin Jackson, LHP Drew Smyly and SS prospect Willy Adames in 3-team trade for Rays LHP David Price | Mariners trade 2B/SS Nick Franklin for OF Austin Jackson. After acquiring Price, the Detroit Tigers World Series odds moved from +600 to +360.
– Athletics traded OF Yoenis Cespedes and draft pick for Red Sox LHP Jon Lester and OF Jonny Gomes. Athletics moved from +500 to +350 to win World Series.
– Cardinals traded 1B/OF Allen Craig and RHP Joe Kelly for Red Sox RHP John Lackey. Cardinals odds went down from +1,200 to +1,800 to win World Series.
— SportsInsights.com (@SportsInsights) August 1, 2014
This Coors Field O/U betting system has gone 129-79 (62%) for +45.36 units and a 21.8% ROI since 2005: http://t.co/qRLbQI8sWb
— SportsInsights.com (@SportsInsights) July 31, 2014
NFL – The NFL Preseason begins on Sunday night and one employee here at SI has a theory on why he’s betting on the Hall of Fame Game.
– If you can’t get yourself to bet on preseason football, you can start checking out the point spreads for every single NFL game of the 2014 season.
NCAAF – The first Coaches Poll has been released for the upcoming 2014-15 College Football season and we’ve compared their Top 25 rankings to the top 25 teams’ odds to win the National Championship from 5Dimes sportsbook. Oddsmakers have two SEC teams listed in the top 20 title odds but both are un-ranked in the Coaches Poll.
– Golden Nugget released their Games of the Year lines back in early June but some lines have moved 8 points already. We’ve highlighted a number of teams that bettors are high and low over the course of the upcoming season.
Golf – Yesterday Dustin Johnson announced he’d be taking a leave of absence from the game of golf due to personal challenges. Johnson was ranked #5 in the Ryder Cup standings and seemingly a lock to make the US team before his departure. He’ll now miss the season’s final major (PGA Championship), the FedEx Cup playoffs, and the Ryder Cup.
Soccer – It’s finally August and the English Premier League is just 16 days away. Check out the odds for each team, a preview of the contenders, and our picks to win the league this year.
Latest posts by Dan McGuire (see all)
- 2017 NBA Playoffs First Round Series Odds - April 23, 2017
- Blake Griffin’s Injury Impact on Game 4 and the Series - April 22, 2017
- 2016-17 Champions League Title Odds - April 21, 2017