This is a great time of the year for sports fans — and sports investors. There is a ton of sport action — including football season (both college and pro football), the NHL, the NBA (hopefully!) — and the baseball playoffs.
Here’s a quick scan of the board for today’s news and action. First, we’ll look at the college football board:
- The Oklahoma-Texas game is the heaviest-bet games of the day. Betting is lopsided to some degree, with most bettors taking the favored, but visiting, Oklahoma Sooners.
- The most lopsided-bet game of the day is the UAB-Mississippi St game, with 84% of the bettors taking the heavily-favored Miss. St team.
- Please visit Sports Insights to see if these games will make our Square Plays or Best Bets.
In MLB Playoff action:
- We have Verlander & Detroit squaring off against Texas’ Wilson. Money line bets are leaning towards Detroit.
- Here is some analysis from the “Who Will Win the Big Game” authors.
In NHL action, please check out Sports Insights research on “betting against the Public” in hockey.