What Sports Bettors Should Know for Saturday, May 10
– Colin McHugh and the Houston Astros opened as +182 underdogs today against Miguel Gonzalez and the Baltimore Orioles. According to our MLB betting trends, the Astros are currently receiving just 32% of moneyline bets from our seven contributing sportsbooks. Despite this lopsided public betting, Houston has moved from +182 to +147 at Pinnacle. This reverse line movement is a strong indicator that sharp money likes the ‘Stros in this evening’s game.
The chart below illustrates the public betting percentages and line movement at Pinnacle in more detail:
– San Francisco Giants 1B Brandon Belt left last night’s game with a broken thumb and is expected to miss 1-2 months.
– C Joe Mauer (Back) has returned to the Twins starting lineup for today’s game against the Detroit Tigers. Other key injuries for today’s games include:
Reds CP Aroldis Chapman, Concussion, Probable
Athletics OF Coco Crisp, Neck, Doubtful
Mariners 3B Kyle Seager, Illness, Questionable
Blue Jays 3B Brett Lawrie, Hamstring, Doubtful
– For up to the minute injury and lineup information, check out our MLB injury page.
– On Saturday morning we tweeted out updated NBA series odds from 5Dimes:
NBA Series prices: Heat -1900 (up 2-0) Spurs -1500 (up 2-0) Pacers -280 (up 2-1) Thunder -300 (up 2-1)
— SportsInsights.com (@SportsInsights) May 10, 2014
– After a thrilling overtime victory in Game 4, the Boston Bruins have tied up their second round series with the Montreal Canadiens. The Habs are currently receiving just 27% of moneyline bets at a +170 underdog at Pinnacle. Based on this information, Montreal fits the criteria for our 2014 NHL Playoffs: Betting Against the Public article.
– Over the past two days, we have posted and managed a blog article with live Twitter updates regarding prop bets, results and upsets throughout the first round of the NFL Draft.
To catch up on all of yesterday’s NFL Draft betting action, please click here.
5. NCAA Football
– Despite his recent run-in with the law, Jameis Winston remains the favorite to win the 2015 Heisman Trophy. We’ve compiled odds from Bovada, BetOnline and The Greek and have posted updated Heisman Trophy odds here.
If you have any questions or would like assistance with your account, please contact our customer service department at 877-838-2853 or utilize our live chat to speak directly with a representative.