2017 College Football Week 5 Opening Line Report
Each week we break down some of the opening lines around the market and compare them to the lookahead lines over the summer from Golden Nugget. This week there aren’t exactly any marquee matchups although there are a couple Top-25 games like Clemson/Virginia Tech and USC/Washington State.
|Matchup||Current Odds CRIS|
|Opening Odds CRIS|
|Lookahead Odds Golden Nugget
|USC at Washington St||USC -4||USC -4||USC -10|
|Clemson at Va Tech||Clemson -7||Clemson -5.5||Clemson -7|
|Baylor at Kansas St||Kansas St -14||Kansas St -14||Kansas St -3|
|Georgia at Tennessee||UGA -6.5||UGA -6.5||Tenn -1|
|Colorado at UCLA||UCLA -6.5||UCLA -7||N/A|
|Cal at Oregon||Oregon -16||Oregon -15||N/A|
|Mississippi St at Auburn||Auburn -9.5||Auburn -9.5||N/A|
|Miami FL at Duke||Miami FL -5||Miami FL -4.5||N/A|
[Track all the latest Live Odds, Betting %’s, Injuries and More for Week 5]
- USC was a double-digit favorite over the summer but now just -4. The line hasn’t moved since opening -4 at CRIS and Pinnacle and bets are in favor of Wazzou to cover at home. This game is on Friday night so it should be a fun one.
- Clemson has moved from -5.5 to -7 at some books, right where the summer line was. Nearly 70% of early tickets on the Tigers to cover as road favorites after failing to cover a big number against BC last week. College Gameday will be on site in Blacksburg as the Hokies look to pull off the upset.
- Baylor finally put in a decent effort last week, losing 49-41 to Oklahoma but covering +28. The Bears received just 11% of bets in that game, but they’re getting more support this week at 36%.
- Tennessee barely beat UMass last week 17-13 and find themselves +7 this week against Georgia. The Bulldogs stomped Mississippi State last week but are only getting 55% of early wagers. I thought this game would have more lopsided betting action, but maybe things will change once it moves off -7.
- Duke is off to a 4-0 SU and ATS start but still listed +5 against Miami FL. The Blue Devils are only getting 36% of tickets despite covering every game this season.
- Most bet games of the week so far: USC/Wash St, UGA/Tennessee, Clemson/Va Tech.
Underdogs have been crushing it this season, especially big underdogs, but there are only a handful of them for Week 5.
Pro members can access all of our features including Best Bets, which are off to a 29-23 ATS record in NCAAF and 24-14 ATS record in NFL.