What Sports Bettors Should Know for Wednesday, April 30
– After TMZ leaked audio of Donald Sterling making racist comments in a conversation with his girlfriend, the Clippers owner has been banned for life from any association with the Clippers organization or the NBA. Additionally, he was fined a league-maximum $2.5 million. However his former team prevailed amid scandal, defeating the Warriors.
-According to our NBA Betting Trends, the Blazers opened as 5-point favorites at the market-setting Pinnacle sportsbooks and are receiving 75% of spread bets. Despite this lopsided public betting, Houston has moved from -5 to -5.5. This reverse line movement is a strong indicator that sharp money likes the Rockets in tonight’s potential elimination game.
– Leading their first round series against the Rockets 3-1, the Trailblazers are 5.5-point underdogs tonight in Houston. However, the Blazers are still -440 favorites to win the series.
– Yesterday’s game between the Pittsburgh Pirates and Baltimore Orioles was postponed due to inclement weather and will be made up on Thursday, May 1. Likewise, yesterday’s Dodgers/Twins game was also postponed due to weather and will be played on May 1st as part of a day/night doubleheader.
– The following games have been postponed tonight due to inclement weather:
- Mets at Phillies
- Mariners at Yankees
- Pirates at Orioles
- Rays at Red Sox
– There have been a number of key injuries early in the season, but there is some good news for Orioles fans as Manny Machado (Knee) will be activated from the disabled list prior to today’s game. Last season the young 3B batted .283 with 14 home runs and 51 doubles.
– Giants RHP Matt Cain was scratched from his start last night after cutting the tip of his right index finger. He will not require stitches and is listed as questionable for his next scheduled start.
– Other key injuries to monitor include:
Rockies C Wilin Rosario, Hand, Questionable
Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez, Thumb, Probable
Yankees OF Jacoby Ellsbury, Hand, Questionable
– Brewers SS Jean Segura (Face) and Ryan Braun (Side) are both listed as out indefinitely. Aramis Ramirez (Elbow) is also out of the starting lineup for Milwaukee (currently +140 at St. Louis).
– View our MLB injury page for the latest updates.
– Yesterday afternoon we tweeted out the following prop bet: (via Bovada)
Peter Laviolette and Barry Trotz (+300) are the co-favorites to be named the Washington Capitals next head coach. pic.twitter.com/DRZqpxemUH
— SportsInsights.com (@SportsInsights) April 29, 2014
– There are three NHL playoff games tonight and according to our NHL Betting Against the Public article, there may be contrarian value on the Minnesota Wild (+120) tonight against the Colorado Avalanche.
– Looking to bet on Saturday’s Kentucky Derby? Make sure to shop for the best line by checking out odds from three prominent offshore sportsbooks.
If you have any questions or would like assistance with your account, please contact our customer service department at 877-838-2853, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or utilize our live chat to speak directly with a representative.