– The current 4-team playoff projection: Alabama, Florida State, Oregon, TCU.
– FSU remains unbeaten on the season but fell to just 3-9 ATS after beating Florida 24-19. Only 1 team (2007 LSU) has won national title with losing record ATS in past 17 seasons.
– Western Kentucky and Marshall went under the radar this weekend but provided plenty of entertainment. The “Over 76.5” cashed with 7:23 left in the 2nd quarter and Western Kentucky ended up winning 67-66 in overtime. Via Covers.com, Marshall and Western Kentucky’s 91 1st half points were just three shy of record in one half (N. Texas & Navy had 94 in ‘07).
– UNLV HC Bobby Hauck will resign on Monday after 5 seasons with the school. Hauck went 15-49 SU and 29-33-2 ATS in his time there.
– Nebraska HC Bo Pelini has been removed. He went 47-44-2 ATS and 66-27 SU in 7 seasons at Nebraska.
– Despite potentially going 6-7 with a loss to Boise in the MWC Title Game, Fresno State will be eligible for a bowl.
– Buffalo went 5-6 this season and had their game vs. Kent State cancelled due to weather, leaving them without a last potential win to get them to a bowl.
Via our Bet Labs software:
– The 11 schools that failed to win more than 3 games ATS last season (30-100 combined ATS) are now 69-59 ATS this season.
– The last 4 meetings between Baylor and Texas Tech have had an average closing OU of 81.375. All 4 games went over the total by 17.63 ppg.
Heisman Trophy Odds (via TopBet):
Marcus Mariota -1000
Melvin Gordon +500
Trevone Boykin +5,000
Amari Cooper +7,500
JT Barrett +10,000
Jameis Winston +20,000
Alabama +150 | +800 on October 13
Oregon +250 | +2,500 on October 6
TCU +450 | +17,500 on August 23
Baylor +850 | +3,000 on November 3
Florida St +900 | +850 on November 10
Ohio St +1,500 | +3,000 on September 8
Missouri +2,500 | +100,000 on October 27
Wisconsin +3,500 | +100,000 on October 20
Arizona +4,000 | +30,000 on November 24
GA Tech +4,500 | +100,000 on October 13
Kansas St +4,500 | +30,000 on November 17
Miss St +10,000 | +12,000 on September 15
Florida St -160 | -250
Georgia Tech +145 | +3300
Alabama -560 | +120
Missouri +435 | +3300
Wisconsin -190 | +240
Ohio St +165 | +225
Oregon opened -13.5 at Pinnacle vs. Arizona in the Pac-12 Title Game and despite receiving 60% of early bets, have not moved off that number.
BetOnline opened Alabama at -1.5 (!!!!!!) for some reason but quickly moved to -10. The Line History for that game is shown below:
Ohio State (+4) will take on Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game without starting QB JT Barrett due to a fractured ankle. Ohio State had already lost Heisman hopeful Braxton Miller before the season, and will start Cardale Jones on Saturday.
The team everyone loves to hate, Florida State, opened -4 for the ACC Title Game vs. Georgia Tech but have moved to -3. Their poor ATS record and hype surrounding the team has deterred sharp bettors on taking the Seminoles, but they continue to win games.
Did your favorite team overperform or underperform this season? You can check out the Preseason Win Totals for each team here.
You can get picks for all sports with our Pro trial which includes all of our College Football Best Bets (63-48 ATS for +9.2 units won this season) and our Contrarian plays (40-26 for +10.6 units) as well as Live Odds, Betting Trends, Breaking News, Line Predictions, Alerts, and more.
Latest posts by Dan McGuire (see all)
- 2017 NCAA Tournament Regional Odds - March 20, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: Opening Rounds Betting Recap - March 20, 2017
- Bettors are all over Duke today, but are the Blue Devils the smart bet? - March 19, 2017