What Bettors Should Know for Monday, July 21
1. MLB – Cliff Lee returns to the mound today for the Phillies after missing over 2 months with an elbow injury. Philadelphia is currently a -132 home favorite over San Francisco and Ryan Vogelsong.
– There are a number of key injuries for Mondays games including a pair of Rockies (Justin Morneau, Troy Tulowitzki) and Dodgers (Yasiel Puig, Hanley Ramirez). You can view all the latest injuries and lineup news here.
2. NFL – The Buffalo Bills were the first team to get training camp started for the 2014-15 season and rookie WR Sammy Watkins is the early front-runner to win Offensive Rookie of the Year.
3. Soccer – Clubs across the world continue to spend a ton of cash on marquee names, and another World Cup star is on the verge of signing with a Spanish giant:
Colombia’s World Cup star and Golden Boot winner James Rodriguez appears set to join Real Madrid for a €80 million transfer fee.
— SportsInsights.com (@SportsInsights) July 20, 2014
4. British Open – Yesterday Rory McIlroy won the 2014 British Open for his third career major victory. He was +1500 heading into the tournament to win, -120 after two rounds, and -1000 against the field going into Sunday. With the win, Rory’s father and friends made a nice little payout on a 10-year old bet:
5. NCAAF – College football is just over a month away and plenty of teams have seen movement on their Season Win Totals and Week 1 lines. We’re also continually updating our futures posts including Championship odds, Conference odds, and Playoff odds.