Last week, we highlighted several Donald Trump Convention props that were offering value to bettors.
This time, we turn our attention to the Democratic Convention, which runs from July 25-28 and takes place at the Wells Fargo Center, home of the Philadelphia Flyers and 76ers.
Throughout the week, dozens of speakers will take to the stage to fire up Democratic voters and unite the party behind Hillary Clinton. The former Secretary of State, Senator and First Lady is seeking to become the first woman president in American history. She is currently a -205 favorite to win the White House at BetOnline, which translates to a 67% implied probability.
On Monday, the first night of the Convention, First Lady Michelle Obama and Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren wowed the crowd with powerful, fiery speeches; however, it was Bernie Sanders who stole the show. The progressive hero was met with a 3-minute standing ovation, with thousands of die-hard supporters chanting “Thank you Bernie” and “Feel the Bern,” many of whom were reduced to tears.
Later in the week, Bill Clinton, Joe Biden and Barack Obama will take to the stage, along with a plethora of other leading Democrats. The Convention culminates on Thursday, when Hillary will officially accept her party’s nomination for president.
Just as they did with Trump’s speech, several sportsbooks have released Clinton prop bets. The first was 5Dimes, a sharper book with higher limits.
— SportsbookReview (@SBRreview) July 25, 2016
Here is the complete list of Clinton props at 5Dimes.
- How long will Clinton’s speech be? Over 51.5 minutes -160, Under 51.5 minutes +120
- Will Clinton say “All Lives Matter?” Yes +315, No -455
- Will Clinton say “Black Lives Matter?” Yes +130, No -170
- Will Clinton say “Blue Lives Matter?” Yes +450, No -750
- Will Clinton say “Supreme Court?” Yes -855, No +485
- Will Clinton say “Obamacare”? Yes +140, No -180
- Will Clinton say “Islam”? Yes +200, No -280
- Will Clinton say “Eagles” or “76ers” or “Phillies” or “Flyers”? Yes +485, No -855
- Will Clinton say “Liberty Bell”? Yes +435, No -705
- Will Clinton say “Cheesesteak”? Yes +485, No -855
- Will Clinton say “Fox News”? Yes +575, No -1125
- Will Clinton say “Global Warming”? Yes +250, No -350
- Will Clinton say “Protester”? Yes +210, No -290
- Will Clinton say “Zika Virus”? Yes +450, No -750
- Will Clinton say “Build a Wall”? Yes -165, No +125
- Will Clinton say “Trump University”? Yes +120, No -160
- Will Clinton say “Trump Steak”? Yes +335, No -505
- Will Clinton say “Trump Tower” Yes +370, No -560
- Will Clinton say “Celebrity Apprentice”? Yes +450, No -750
- Will Clinton say “Benjamin Franklin”? Yes +470, No -810
- Will Clinton say “Rocky Balboa”? Yes +600, No -1200
- Will Clinton say “George Bush”? Yes +450, No -750
- Will Clinton say “Michelle Obama”? Yes -105, No -135
- Will Clinton say “Mike Pence”? Yes +155, No -195
- Will Clinton say “Atlantic City”? Yes +170, No -230
- Will Clinton say “Cleveland”? Yes -130, No -110
- Will Clinton say “Ferguson”? Yes +170, No -230
- Will Clinton say “Baltimore”? Yes +170, No -230
- Will Clinton say “Wall Street”? Yes -210, No +160
- Will Clinton say “Philadelphia Police”? Yes +335, No -505
No -1125 pic.twitter.com/2HlKNX0kwA
— Sports Insights (@SportsInsights) July 27, 2016
5Dimes also has props on which words Clinton will say first in her acceptance speech.
Now let’s take a look at some other props being offered around the market, starting with BetOnline.
- How long will Clinton’s speech be? Over 52.5 minutes +105, Under 52.5 minutes -135
- Will Clinton show cleavage? Yes +3300, No -25000
- Will Clinton say “All Lives Matter”? Yes +400, No -600
- Will Clinton say “Benjamin Franklin”? Yes +600, No -1000
- Will Clinton say “Cheesesteak”? Yes +500, No -800
- Will Clinton say “George Bush”? Yes +350, No -500
- Will Clinton say “Islam”? Yes +190, No -240
- Will Clinton say “Liberty Bell”? Yes +450, No -700
- Will Clinton say “Eagles” or “Flyers” or “76ers” or “Phillies”? Yes +500, No -800
- Will Clinton say “Michelle Obama”? Yes +120, No -150
- Will Clinton say “Mike Pence”? Yes +120, No -150
- Will Clinton say “Supreme Court”? Yes -2000, No +1000
- Will Clinton say “Wall Street”? Yes -180, No +150
- Will Clinton say “Trump University”? Yes +130, No -160
No -500 pic.twitter.com/ELIYJwWevw
— Sports Insights (@SportsInsights) July 27, 2016
In addition to BetOnline and 5Dimes, several interesting Clinton props are also available at Bovada, a square book with lower limits.
- Will Clinton say “Emails”? Yes +250, No -400
- Will Clinton say “Hackers”? Yes +400, No -800
- Will Clinton say “ISIS”? Yes -450, No +275
- Will Clinton say “Wikileaks”? Yes +400, No -700
When placing your bet on politics or sports, we always stress the importance of shopping for the best line. This means opening up multiple accounts at different sportsbooks so you can place your bet at the book offering the best number and the highest payout.
For example, if you think Clinton will say “George Bush” you would be wise to bet that prop at 5Dimes where the odds are currently +450, as opposed to BetOnline where it is only +350.
Josh Appelbaum, Customer Service Manager: Wall Street -180 (BetOnline)
Typically, I focus my attention on plus-money props; however, this one is too valuable to ignore. Clinton’s reputation for being cozy with Wall Street has dogged her throughout the primary race, with Sanders attacking her time and time again for her bailout vote and her refusal to release the transcripts of her paid speeches to Goldman Sachs. Clinton must win over Sanders supporters if she hopes to win in November, and the quickest way to do that is to criticize Wall Street. If I were setting the line, “Wall Street” would be at least a -500 favorite. At -180, it’s simply too good to pass up. Take it to the bank, no pun intended.
Mark Gallant, Sports Information Specialist: Over 52.5 minutes +105 (BetOnline)
Last week, Donald Trump’s speech at the RNC clocked in at 76 minutes and this week the over/under for Hillary’s speech has been set at 52.5 minutes. Though the under is the favorite at -135, I believe that Trump’s lengthy speech may cause Clinton to drag her speech out or add some extra talking points so she can finish up around the one hour mark.
Andrew Fine, Sports Information Specialist: Michelle Obama +120 (BetOnline)
How could Clinton not mention First Lady Michelle Obama after her fabulous performance Monday evening? Obama delivered an incredibly powerful speech on the opening night of the DNC, criticizing GOP nominee Donald Trump without mentioning him by name. Obama’s been a powerful advocate for Clinton and I firmly believe that she will get the recognition she deserves from Clinton during her speech on Thursday.
Nicole Patti, Marketing Coordinator: No Cleavage -25000 (Bovada)
This seems like easy money to me. I’m going with Hillary Clinton will not show any cleavage. Not to be Captain Obvious, but she has a tendency to wear pantsuits, which, in general, are on the dowdy, conservative side. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her show any cleavage which is why I’d say wagering on her not showing any the night she accepts the Presidential nomination is a smart bet, despite being a massive favorite.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Will you be watching Clinton’s Thursday night Convention speech? Will you be placing a wager on any of the prop bets listed? Are there any props not listed that you wish were available?
Please leave your thoughts in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Josh Appelbaum (see all)
- Why Is Betting Against the Public So Profitable During March Madness? - March 20, 2017
- Donald Trump Joint Address Props - February 28, 2017
- 2016 Presidential Election Betting: The American Brexit - November 9, 2016