Three Things to Know for Monday, April 14th
1. Big line movement in tonight’s Miami Heat at Washington Wizards game
– After opening as 3-point favorites, the Miami Heat quickly moved to the current number of +4.5 for tonight’s game at the Washington Wizards. At the time of publication, there is no official word on whether Miami is resting starters, but this line movement indicates that some combination of the Big Three will sit out.
The chart below shows how the line has moved at CRIS, since opening:
2. The NHL playoffs begin Wednesday, April 16th
– Opening lines have started trickling in and can be found on our Free NHL Betting Trends page.
– Using our Bet Labs software, we analyzed archived NHL playoff betting data and developed a contrarian betting system that has produced a profit of +30.76 units and a 31.1% ROI.
3. Early MLB injuries are piling up
– Dustin Pedroia was scratched from the starting lineup for Sunday’s game against the Yankees due to a sore left wrist. The Red Sox are off today and Pedroia is currently listed as doubtful for Tuesday’s series opener in Chicago against the White Sox.
– Adrian Beltre was placed on the 15-day DL with a left quad injury, retroactive to April 9.
– Alex Cobb is suffering from a strained left oblique and was placed on the 15-day DL.
– Ryan Zimmerman broke his right thumb diving back to second base on a pickoff attempt during Saturday’s game and is expected to miss four to six weeks.