Sunday Marketplace: Basketball
Today is the NBA All-Star Game, and the team at SportsInsights notes that the game is currently seeing some lopsided betting action:
- The public is currently taking the East over the West at a rate of 70% of the bets.
- This has caused the line to move from an opening line of “pick’em” to East -2.
- Interestingly, the line on the total has also moved, from its opener of Over/Under 265 total points to 269.5. Almost 80% of the bettors are taking the Over.
We normally don’t focus on All-Star games, but wanted to highlight the line moves and potential contrarian value.
In college basketball action:
- The big game, Ohio State visiting # 11 Purdue as 1-point underdogs (currently) is the heaviest-bet game of the day. Bettors are jumping on former # 1 Ohio State as dogs at the rate of about 3 out of 4 bets.
- Another game seeing heavy activity is the UCLA-California game.
Visit SportsInsights for key sports marketplace indicators and up-to-the minute live odds.