Weekend Sports Update
The NBA playoffs are getting underway — and the NHL playoffs are in full swing. Here are some quick tidbits on the playoffs as we get set for an action-packed Sunday in sports.
- Unfortunately, Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls will miss the rest of the season (and the playoffs) — damaging the Bulls’ chances of winning the NBA Title. Our analysts note, however, that injuries often create an over-reaction on the Vegas lines.
- Please check out this interesting article that shows how both Kobe Bryant’s — and LeBron James’ — teams have done ATS since 2006. LeBron may not be bringing home the championships, but he has been bringing his playoff betting backers some bacon!
- Today’s NBA games feature the Utah Jazz as a potential contrarian play visiting the San Antonio Spurs.
Please login to your Sports Insights account to see if a play is triggered in the NBA playoffs today. Let’s also take a look at the NHL games today.
- There are two games in the NHL — and both offer fairly lopsided betting action.
- In Game One of their Round 2 playoff series, the New Jersey Devils are tallying up just 35% of the money line bets, visiting the Philadelphia Flyers.
- In the other game, the Phoenix Coyotes are collecting just 24% of the bets, as home underdogs — hosting the Nashville Predators. Interestingly, Phoenix leads the series one game to none — and is the higher seed (#3 vs. #4 for Nashville) — but is the home underdog.
We note that Sports Insights’ contrarian methods have had a successful sports betting season in hockey, with NHL Square Plays up about +27 units during the 2011-12 season.