College Football Week 9 Betting Recap
– The four highest closing totals all went over by 30.5 ppg with at least 95 points scored in each game: TCU-TTU (closed at 71.5, scored 109), Oregon-Cal (closed at 78, scored 100), ODU-WKU (closed at 78, scored 117), and Arizona-Washington St (closed at 73.5, scored 96).
– The four most-bet games of the weekend all involved SEC teams: Ole Miss/LSU, Mississippi St/Kentucky, Alabama/Tennessee, and South Carolina/Auburn.
Via our Bet Labs software:
– Last year there were 11 teams that failed to win more than 3 games ATS (combining to go 30-100 ATS). Those same teams have greatly improved and are now 47-37 ATS on the year, already 17 more ATS wins combined than all of last season.
– Teams receiving less than 35% of spread bets went just 13-15 ATS last week but are still a solid 157-141 ATS on the year.
– Underdogs may be coming down to earth this year as they went just 23-26 ATS this past week but are still 276-258 ATS on the year.
– However, Underdogs that were +7 or greater on the spread went 17-15 ATS this past week for another winning week and are now 197-175 ATS on the year.
– TCU racked up 82 points in their thrashing over Texas Tech this past weekend and remain the only team to cover every game ATS this season.
Marcus Mariota -200 from +140
Nick Marshall +1,500 from +1,800
Everett Golson +1,500 from +2,000
Ameer Abdullah +1,800 from +2,500
JT Barrett +5,000 from no odds
Kevin White +5,000 from no odds
Alabama +600 from +650
Notre Dame +1,800 from +3,500
Duke +25,000 from +50,000
Stanford +50,000 from +100,000
1. Miss St +700 | +12000
2. FSU +800 | +500
3. Alabama +600 | +650
4. Auburn +1200 | +850
5. Oregon +750 | +750
6. Notre Dame +1800 | +6500
7. Ole Miss +850 | +4500
8. Michigan St +750 | +3500
9. Georgia +700 | +1300
10. TCU +1800 | +17500
FSU opened -8.5 at BetOnline for their Thursday night game at Louisville. CRIS opened FSU -7 and they’ve already been bet down to -5.5 despite receiving over 70% of spread bets.
Oregon opened -12.5 at BetOnline and -11 at CRIS for Saturday’s game vs. Stanford but have been bet down to -9.5.
TCU will look to continue their perfect 7-0 ATS streak this week at the red-hot West Virginia Mountaineers. TCU is currently -5.5 on the road and receiving nearly 70% of spread bets.
Air Force will meet Army this weekend, and when two service academy teams play each other the Under has gone 20-7 since 2005.
Teams scoring at least 35 points in 5 straight games are 106-81 ATS since 2005 (TCU and WKU currently fit for this week).
Utah State will be starting its 4th QB of the year after losing their top 3 to injuries. Despite this, USU is still 5-3 on the season and are -2.5 this week at Hawaii.
Check out all of the latest Week 10 College Football betting lines, public betting trends, breaking injuries and more at our new free NCAAF live odds page.
Our College Football Best Bets this season are 49-32 ATS (+12.5 units) and you can get them all through the entire season along with all other sports with our discounted packages.
Join us live Saturday mornings at 11am ET
We’re now holding our members-only live Sports Betting Hangouts Saturday mornings to prepare you for a full day of College Football. Members, simply log into your account Saturday morning to access the hangout.
Not a member? Start a trial today to join our Sports Betting Hangouts held six days a week, plus all the other Sportsbook Insider Pro benefits.