– With the regular season down to its last month, weekday games are more prevalent including the always fun MACtion. The short week may have taken a toll on the offenses though, as 6 of the 7 weekday games went Under the total. The only game to go Over was Wake Forest-Clemson, which happened to be the weekday game with the lowest closing total.
– Ohio State got a big road win over Michigan State on Saturday but only 29% of spread bettors took the Buckeyes and the points. With their win and cover, Ohio State moves to 14-2 ATS when receiving <40% of bets.
– TCU got another key win on Saturday, beating Kansas State and easily covering the -6. TCU now has the 3rd best title odds at +650.
– In one of the wackier plays of the year, Utah WR Kaelin Clay celebrated a 78-yard TD catch a little too early against Oregon, dropping the ball before crossing the goal line. You’ll want to check out the whole play here.
– One lucky (or good?) bettor cashed $80k this weekend on a parlay.
Via our Bet Labs software:
– Top Under conferences: Unders are now 29-11 between ACC teams this year and 22-11 between MAC teams.
– Top Over conference: Overs are now 24-11 in Conference USA this year.
– We’ve highlighted it every week but the improvement is significant– Last year there were 11 teams that failed to win more than 3 games ATS (combining to go 30-100 ATS). Those same teams are now 56-46 ATS on the year.
– Underdogs of +200 or greater went just 3-25 straight up this week but two of the wins were massive: Texas A&M’s upset at Auburn cashed at +1102 on the moneyline, while Tulane winning at Houston cashed at +575 on the moneyline.
– The public dominated 2 weeks ago, with teams receiving >65% of bets going 25-10 ATS. This past week that came back to earth with teams receiving >65% of bets went just 13-16 ATS.
Marcus Mariota -750 from -250
Trevone Boykin +1,800 from +3,000
JT Barrett +2,000 from +5,000
Alabama +350 | +800 on October 13
Oregon +400 | +2,500 on October 6
TCU +650 | +17,500 on August 23
Ohio St +650 | +3,000 on September 8
Miss St +800 | +12,000 on September 15
Florida St +850 | +850 on November 10
Baylor +1,300 | +3,000 on November 3
Arz St +1,700 | +50,000 on September 29
Ohio State opened -14.5 at BetOnline but are down to -12 against Minnesota. OSU is currently receiving 83% of bets.
Alabama opened -6.5 at BetOnline but are now at -7 against Mississippi State despite over 60% of bets on Miss State.
Georgia opened -1 at BetOnline but are up to -2.5 vs. Auburn.
Wisconsin opened -4 at BetOnline but are up to -6 against Nebraska. RB Ameer Abdullah is still listed as questionable for Nebraska and would be a massive loss if he was unable to play.
In Wednesday night MACtion, Ball State is a 3.5 point underdog at UMASS. Since 2005, Ball State has gone 33-11 ATS as a road underdog, tops in the nation.
Our College Football Best Bets are 55-40 ATS for +9.9 units won this season and you can get them along with all other sports with our discounted packages.
Check out all of the latest Week 12 College Football betting lines, public betting trends, breaking injuries and more at our free NCAAF live odds page.
Latest posts by Dan McGuire (see all)
- 2016-17 NFL Conference Championship Opening Line Report - January 16, 2017
- Super Bowl 51 Lookahead Lines - January 16, 2017
- 2017 College Football Opening Weekend - January 15, 2017