Building the smartest sports betting tools means growing the smartest sports betting team. If you think you have what it takes to become part of the Sports Insights dream team of sports analysts we want to hear from you.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation from professional sources to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Quantitative Analyst Position” or “Junior Sports Betting Analyst”. Please include your cover letter as both an attachment as well as in the body of your email.
Established sports analytics company, Sports Insights, Inc. (SportsInsights.com), is seeking an experienced analyst with a passion for pro sports. Primary job responsibilities include data analysis and interpretation, reviewing relevant academic literature, proposing new analyses, working with CEO to design and implement new products and product features. This is an opportunity to be part of a true fast growing company, where you will be exposed to all levels of the organization, interacting with executives on a daily basis and contributing directly to company growth.
- Significant training in econometric methods
- - Ability to independently structure and analyze large datasets with appropriate methods
- - Initiative and creativity to propose new analyses
- - Ability to review academic publications in economics and finance and recreate statistical analyses
- - Knowledge of statistical software such as SAS, Stata, Matlab, R or other comparable program (please specify)
- - Advanced degree in economics, statistics, or related field a plus
- - Work experience performing data analysis a plus
As part of a small and growing company, your potential at the company is limited only by your initiative and ability – bring your skills, experience, and ideas and come grow with us! We offer a competitive compensation package consisting of base salary and performance bonus.
Junior Sports Betting Analyst
Growing sports information company is looking to assemble a team of talented web editors, writers and analysts to follow the exciting sports betting marketplace. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, have exceptional writing skills and previous customer service experience.
- - Detail-oriented
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- - Knowledge of US sports, teams, players (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, College Hoops + Football)
- - Ability to work in a PC based environment (Excel, Word)
- - Familiarity with social networking websites (Twitter, Facebook)
- - Knowledge of sports betting concepts
- - Previously published article a plus
Your duties will involve monitoring multiple news and injury sources, creating a daily “wrap up” article, releasing breaking news, as well as providing customer service support. If you’re passionate about sports, a talented writer, and have a head for numbers, this is the perfect job for you.
This is a part-time position which requires you to physically be in our Beverly office. This is not a telecommuting position.
Our offices are located in Beverly, MA. PLEASE NOTE — candidates should be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. No relocation packages are available. This is not a telecommuting position.